Summer is winding down, which means that with a little luck, I’m going to have more time to spend developing recipes to share with all of you very soon.
Thank you for bearing with me this summer; I know I haven’t posted nearly as frequently as I’d like to and have wanted to, but for what it’s worth, it’s been a Hell of a summer. From traveling to England and weekends at the lake to sunsets and sushi galore, I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Okay, that’s a lie; I definitely would’ve sprinkled a litttttle more baking into the mix.
In the meantime, here’s a simple, fuss-free, no-heat side that your Labor Day cookout can’t do without. It’s not pretty, it’s not fancy, and it doesn’t require much (if any) effort to whip up, but I promise your friends and family will be coming back for seconds, thirds, and probably even fourths.
Sweet Grape Salad
- 1/2 brick (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (I used Nielsen-Massey, as usual)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound seedless green grapes, removed from stems
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Add cream cheese, sour cream granulated sugar, vanilla bean past, and almond extract to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment
- Beat until fully blended and smooth
- Fold in grapes with spatula until coated
- Pour into desired serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans right before serving